Online facilitation course
We have prepared an online facilitation course for you under the guidance of experienced lecturers from the PDCS, consisting of 3 independent modules. You can apply at the link under the specific module.
Module 1 – Basic course for facilitating meetings online – 11.11.2020
The main topics of the basic course will be:
- Recommended structure and rules for online workshops and what are the differences in comparasion with the face-to-face meetings,
- How to proceed for small groups (up to about 15 participants),
- How to engage in a productive discussion and remotely teach a person who is computer inconvenient,
- How to do interactive procedures in the online environment? How to remotely use presentations, images, videos, shared spreadsheets. How to work with division into subgroups,
- How to solve problem situations during an online meeting,
- How to work with impatient, undisciplined (participants process e-mails during the meeting), passive people or participants who have a running mind,
- How to replace in the online environment the flipchart – how to write and record the discussion,
- How to provide visualization during the discussion online and also its result (online flipcharts – miro, jamboard and mural),
- Testing the online facilitation and obtain feedback,
- Basics of conducting online meetings with mixed participation – part of the participants physically present, part online.
Module 2 – Conducting meetings and group decision-making online – 18.11.2020
The main topics of the course focused on conducting meetings will be:
- How to set up regular meetings, their program and minutes online and how to conduct meetings effectively,
- How to make group decisions online (divergent and convergent procedures, brainstorming, grouping of ideas, exploratory voting, assessing items, prioritizing, other types of voting),
- How to achieve an acceptable combination of efficiency and relationship building, employee encouragement, or fun in online workshops – how to work with group dynamics online,
- How to ensure effective team management online – online tools and other methods of remote team management (several types),
- Testing online facilitation and obtaining feedback.
Module 3 – Conducting online conferences and large meetings – 19.11.2020
Main topics of the course on online conferences will be:
- Specifics of conducting large meetings (over 20 participants) online,
- How to divide the roles in conducting an online discussion (facilitator, technical support, chat monitoring, etc.),
- How to ensure interactivity in large meetings,
- How to prepare attractive large meetings/events,
- Specific formats of online meetings – open space and world café,
- How to work with breaks during the online conference,
- How to prepare the program of a large online conference and preparation of speakers, panelists, or those who will lead workshops,
- What and how to try in advance,
- Technical settings of the registration,
- Training of discussion participants,
- When to stream and when not, recording and making recordings available to the public.
It will be possible to apply for all modules separately, the participation in each one is limited to 15 people. We ask you to think carefully about which module suits you and your organization, which will you help the most in your development and education.
You do not have to sign up for all 3 courses, they do not follow each other, so feel free to choose only one that best describes the thematic areas what you expect from the course.
How is the online course taking place?
The registered participants will receive a link in advance, through which they will get to the online Zoom meeting. During the course, the lecturers send you materials within the Zoom, divide you into smaller groups, send links to videos, give you space to try online facilitation and feedback. Course participants will also receive a ppt. presentation and links to recommended articles and videos. The course does not require special knowledge of online tools. All you need is a wi-fi connection from where you are and a device with a camera (computer, tablet, mobile phone). The course requires active attention, so we ask you to register only in case of real interest with the knowledge of setting aside time for this course.
An important note is that there can be only one person on one screen, due to interactivity. This means that only one person can be present within one organization.
Lecturers of the online courses:
Karolina Miková, PhD. works as the director of PDCS and has long been a facilitator and moderator of various types of meetings, conferences, strategic planning processes as well as public meetings. At the same time, she focuses on education, for example facilitating skills for various groups of participants in Slovakia and abroad. She has international coaching and consulting experience, having worked in more than 35 countries around the world.
PhDr. Dušan Ondrušek, PhD. works as a trainer and consultant in the PDCS organization, which seeks to cultivate a space for dialogue, disseminate knowledge and skills for current ways of resolving conflicts, especially in the field of community and public conflicts. Originally a psychologist, trainer and facilitator, he has led more than 1,100 trainings in more than 40 countries. He is the author and co-author of 16 books and many professional articles, eg. publications “Reader for Non-profits”, “Training? Training “,” Conflict, Reconciliation, Reconciliation Councils “. He regularly publishes “rumours” from his trips about how conflicts are transformed in different countries and what happens in clashes of different cultures, such as “With a pumpkin tied to a leg”, “Sop-sum-sum” and “Yahoo Boys”.
Peter Guštafík, BA works as a trainer and facilitator in the topic of negotiations, conflict resolution, gamification and social entrepreneurship for business, public administration institutions and civil society organizations. e works with educators to develop professionally through reflective practice and coaching, and he works with non-profit project coordinators to strengthen their fundraising capacities and promote financing stability through the sale of services and social entrepreneurship.
He has facilitating and training experience from more than 15 countries, having worked in international teams of trainers and facilitators such as four international programs implemented by the British Council Slovakia.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you.